Azlites are a humanoid race native to Freedland.
Azlites are reptilian in shape, and look much like a shorter version of their relatives the reptites. They are hairless and covered in green scales, but stand no taller than three and a half feet. Their scales give a slightly smoother appearance than the reptites’. An azlite has a large cranium relative to its body size, although its body is also quite sturdy. They lack the strong jaws of their larger cousins, however. Male and female azlites seem virtually identical to non-reptilians, but females have shorter necks, and a single ridge of scales around their abdomen that the males lack. Azlites’ eyes are large and mostly black, with hardly-visible green to yellow irises that somehow seem to captivate the viewer.
Azlites are the upper class among reptite society. Their natural aptitude for magic and innate intelligence are greatly respected by the reptite majority over which they rule. Azlites comprise no more than 5% of the reptilian population of Freedland.
Azlite Racial Traits
Note: Azlites are never legal as a player character race.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Azlites have incredibly agile and aware minds, but their brains take so much energy that their physical reaction speed suffers. They gain +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, and -2 Dexterity.
- Size: Azlites are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Type: Azlites are Humanoids with the reptilian and azlite subtypes.
- Base Speed: Azlites have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Azlites begin play speaking Reptite and Azlite. Azlites with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Giant, Gideonese, Goblin, Infernal, Sylvan, and Worg.
Defense Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Azlites gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
- Resistant: Azlites gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects and poison.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Ease of Study: Azlites receive a +2 racial bonus on a Knowledge skill of their choice.
- Safe Grip: Azlites receive a +2 racial bonus on Climb checks.
Magical Racial Traits
- Arcane Focus: Azlites gain a +2 racial bonus on concentration checks made to cast arcane spells defensively.
- Hypnotic Gaze: Azlites gain the following supernatural ability (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level): 1/day— hypnotism; The effects last only 1 round.
- Psychic Insight: Azlites with Intelligence scores of 12 or higher gain the following spell-like ability: 1/day— share memory. The caster level for this effect is equal to the azlite’s level. The DC for this spell is equal to 12 + the azlite’s Intelligence modifier.