Saurites are a humanoid race native to Freedland.
Reptilian in form, saurites are hairless and covered with thick red scales, with short but flexible tails that are of great use for climbing. Unlike their cousins the Reptites, saurites’ hands are clawed, and they have an overall bestial appearance. They large, strong jaws that complement their claws, granting them powerful natural weapons. They have the physical size to back them up, standing about six feet on average and extremely muscular of build. Male and female saurites may seem identical to outsiders at first, but females are shorter on average, have higher voices, and have noticeably longer and thinner tails. Saurites’ reptilian eyes range from grayish to deep blue.
Saurites are a lower class amongst the majority reptite population, and many of them are slaves. The ones who aren’t still are expected to do manual labor, or perhaps take to the field as the brutal warriors they can be. Saurites make up 15-20% of the population in reptite-controlled areas.
Saurite Racial Traits
Note: At this time, saurites are not legal as a player character race.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Saurites are slightly bestial by nature, possessing less refined minds than other species, but immense physical strength. They gain +4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, and -2 Charisma.
- Size: Saurites are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Saurites are Humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
- Base Speed: Saurites have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Saurites begin play speaking Reptite. Saurites with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Azlite, Draconic, Idjin, and Sylvan.
Defense Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Saurites gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Movement Racial Traits
- Climb: Saurites have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.
Offense Racial Traits
- Dinosaur Jaw: Saurites gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1d4 damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the saurite is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Saurian Claws: Saurites gain two natural claw attacks, also dealing 1d4 damage. The claws are primary attacks, or secondary attacks if the saurite is wielding a manufactured weapon. A hand cannot make a claw attack and wield or hold an item in the same turn.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Sticky Tongue: Some tribes of saurites lack strong jaw muscles, but make up for it with long, sticky tongues, which they can use to make a melee attack. This is a secondary attack. A creature hit by this attack cannot move more than 10 feet away from the attacker and takes a –2 penalty to AC as long as the tongue is attached (this penalty does not stack if multiple tongues are attached). The tongue can be removed by the target or an adjacent ally by making an opposed Strength check against the attacking creature as a standard action or by dealing 2 points of damage to the tongue (AC 11, damage does not reduce the saurite’s hit points). A saurite cannot move more than 10 feet away from a creature stuck to its tongue, but it can release its tongue from the target as a free action. A saurite can only have one creature attached to its tongue at a time. This racial trait replaces natural armor and dinosaur jaw.
- Prehensile Tail: A few saurites have a longer, more flexible tail which can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action. This racial trait replaces climb.