Reptites are a humanoid race native to Freedland.
Reptilian in form, reptites are hairless, tailless, and covered with thick green scales. They have large jaws that make a natural offensive weapon when none other is available. Male and female reptites are almost indistinguishable to outsiders, but male reptites have slightly deeper voices, are slightly shorter on average, and lack a series of ridges along the head and neck that female reptites possess. The average reptite is of a hardier build than the average human, but with slightly shorter arms relative to their body size. Their eyes range from milky-white to yellow to orange.
Of the native reptilian peoples of Freedland, reptites are by far the most common, making up 65-70% of the population. They claim to populate a large swath of Freedland’s interior, but they are largely confined to disconnected cities.
Reptite Racial Traits
Note: At this time, reptites are not legal as a player character race.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Reptites have thick, sturdy frames, and a naturally sturdy intellect, but they also tend towards racist and brutish attitudes that others find unappealing. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, and -2 Charisma.
- Size: Reptites are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Reptites are Humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
- Base Speed: Reptites have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Reptites begin play speaking Reptite. Reptites with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Azlite, Draconic, Goblin, Idjin, Infernal, Sylvan, and Worg.
Defense Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Reptites gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Bonus Feat: Reptites select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Safe Grip: Reptites receive a +2 racial bonus on Climb checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Dinosaur Teeth: Reptites gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1d3 damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the reptite is wielding manufactured weapons.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Skilled: Some reptites, mostly those in the artisan classes, train in a variety of skills. Reptites with this racial trait gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
- Weapon Familiarity: Some reptites, particularly those of the warrior classes, are trained from a young age in the use of traditional reptite weapons. Reptites with this racial trait are proficient with terbutjes and tepoztopillis. This racial trait replaces dinosaur teeth.